The week that was April 4th, 2022

 This week was G.O.A.T. And I don't mean kebobs. I mean the literal best drool-worthy and memorable meals. Miguel ranked one of these as his #1 favorite meal I've ever made. I won't make you guess, it  was the (world's greatest) Chicken Parmesan. I had my own favorites but let's just say this is a great week all around!

Let's get to it!

Cooking eggs in the oven is hard. I've never had a shakshuka turn out right, photogenic maybe, but never runny. There's plenty of recipes that have very detailed instructions, but it never seems to work out quite right. This pizza looked good (really really good) on paper but I didn't have high hopes. But low and behold! The most amazing slightly jammy, slightly runny eggs a top some delightfully tender asparagus, melty cheese, salty Canadian bacon, and topped with a creamy lemony hollandaise. Brunch is served. 

Went out on a limb here with some TJ's hearts of palm pasta. I knew I would love it but I tried to sneak it in on the rest of the family. It was pretty good! Not too watery like zucchini noodles, and held up to cooking (and re-heating). The spicy shrimp and Cajun sauce were of course excellent, there are some cooks who I  find really reliable and this is one of them! Spicy, creamy, and very tasty.

Miguel's Favorite Chicken Parmesan
What is it about chicken parmesan that just warms the very center of your body? It must be all the cheese. This recipe was so simple and might become the only one I use from this day on. I make my own tomato sauce (humble brag) so I can load up on the garlic. The seasoned panko breadcrumbs really held up well through the frying and the saucing and still had a nice crunchy exterior after they came out of the oven. Wow Bethany Wow.

I love a crockpot recipe! I work from home a few days a week so it's nice to throw in some ingredients and like frickin' magic it becomes a meal. I doctored up this recipe with some additional herbs during the cook time and used panko breadcrumbs instead of the Ritz crackers. Not intentional, I just completely forgot we bought them and didn't look at the recipe. But it worked out well in the end!

Another family favorite! I've carrot cake pancakes before but this recipe came from a cook that I would trust with my life on anything baked. So it already being a much requested item, when this popped up on my feed I knew we would be eating them soon! These look like fritters, small and puffed. But they were just like little cakes with less sweetness and more breakfast appropriate. The same consensus for the sweetened cream cheese. It was less decadent than the previous renditions but that really suited our tastebuds! It felt just right and I'll be putting this into regular rotation.



Comments

Popular Posts