The week that was June 20th, 2022

 

Threes company in our tiny house and I've certainly been enjoying the extra dinner guests. Fairly unusual for us on a weeknight. I took the opportunity to retry a recent failure and also make a family favorite. Not bad for a mid-month week! 

Here's everything we enjoyed!

Redemption Ribs and Sweet Potato Fries
Oven baked ribs again? Well I'm not one to give up easily and the last attempt at ribs was pretty much a disaster. This go-round I skipped the grill and came inside. These were super easy to prep and after low and slow cook time they were plenty tender and juicy. We had another dinner guest over to enjoy this super messy but enjoyable meal!

Loosely based on Jessica Merchant's vodka sauce chicken parmesan. This has become one of those dinner I don't need to double check a recipe to finish. This usually consists of homemade tomato sauce, extra crispy breading (thanks Panko!), and more than a servings worth of cheese. Hard to mess up and easy to over indulge. 

No-Recipe Lamb Meatball Pita Pizza
I needed to create a meal off the cuff and having a surplus of pitas led me down this particular path. It was good albeit a little hard to eat. I ended up folding into a more traditional pita sandwich. The meatballs were super tasty and the addition of goat cheese and sun dried tomatoes really added to the flavor. Not too shabby.

I could eat corn everyday when it's in season. I like the little shucking station they have at the store too. Very fun. This recipe was a nice nod to the comfort food we all know chowder can be but with all the fresh zucchini and extra veggies it didn't feel too heavy. I'm a fan of soup and this was good summer classic.

With the chowder, chicken parm, and ribs all packed into this weeks meal plan, it felt like just the right time to have a healthy salad. This one packed in the protein with chilled quinoa and shrimp and had plenty of add-ons like radishes, goat cheese, and cucumber to keep me interested. The honey lime vinaigrette was a really nice addition.

This face. 

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts