The week that was April 25th, 2022

We all scream for Ice Cream! And when it's getting warmer outside my sweet tooth naturally makes me crave ice cream. I love all equally; fruit, chocolate, coffee, mint. I was so excited to find a good no churn recipe that even though it wrapped up my week I'm going to talk about it first. We've been busy but managed to squeeze in a few really good meals!

Here's what I enjoyed this week!

No Churn Ice Cream **recipe modified
My craving was activated almost instantly when I stumbled on this recipe through instagram. When I have all the ingredients available it's difficult to say no. I subbed the chocolate for fruit and utilized a bag of freeze dried TJ's mixed berries. I added a few dollops of strawberry jam to swirl throughout. The lonely graham cracker that's been sitting since last years s'mores was the proverbial 'icing on the cake' for this unfortunately easy and simple sweet treat. Unfortunate because I'm already thinking about what I can do next.

Delicious, fresh, and just the right amount of heat. I found a new brand of pizza crust at the store so this pizza showed up right on time. I really enjoyed the hot honey which balanced the fresh lemon. The perfect spring pizza!

It's never too hot for chowder! But ask me again in August. I misread the recipe and ended up having to make a pot of soup that was beyond overkill. Luckily I was able to send some out to a friend so I only enjoyed this soup for a couple of days. Creamy and delish!

How much lemon is too much? To quote Mean Girls, the limit does not exist. This dish was a festival of flavors from the pesto polenta to the sharp lemon caper piccata sauce. Another knockout dinner that was super simple!

Enjoy!



 

Comments

Popular Posts