The week that was May 16th, 2022

Welcome to the week that was a delicious comedy of errors. Proof that one wrong move can ripple through your whole week. Much like my recipe blunder I was a complete turkey. If you can follow the meat swapping going on this week it was lamb for chicken, chicken for turkey, and turkey for lamb. Everything was more than edible however, so lesson learned is probably a bit of an overstatement.

Lesson noted. Here's what we surprisingly enjoyed this week!

You can disregard the name right off the bat. This turkey salad (good start right?) turned out better than it had a right to. Everything about this salad worked. It was warm and hearty, but crunchy and light. The dressing was amazing and who doesn't need more Kale in their diet. As always with kale salads I stuck to the lacinato or Tuscan kale. I find it just a little softer than the big bunches and has a lot less woody stem to get around.

This is one of the two dinners with slaw this week. With a family of two (humans) getting a bag of slaw requires some advance planning to get it all consumed before it begins the back of the vegetable drawer decline. This was a broccoli slaw that I bought pre-shredded. I generally just get a head of cabbage, but I found this really nice and easy! The LAMB meatballs were really tender and juicy and just look at that shiny BBQ glaze. So enticing! 

This recipe was brought to my attention by an awesome new coworker and I think it just might make it into the regular rotation! This was our chicken recipe, that was going to be turkey. But no harm done! The chicken worked just as well. Heavy on the veggies and nice and saucy. One of those meals that comes together in the blink of an eye! Yum!

I'm not sure if I've griped enough about my love and loathe relationship with falafels. I love eating them, but loathe cooking them. User error? most definitely. But I never had much success with keeping them together through the frying process. These little gems just might be the ticket to a love love relationship! Crispy outside, soft savory inside. Perfect with the lemony crunchy tzatziki slaw. It was a huge hit!!

Enjoy! 

Comments

Popular Posts