The week that was June 13th, 2022

 We had dinner guests two weeks in a row and this weeks guest was a VIP. Mr. Roediger House himself and the inspiration for this blog visited our humble abode for a quick weeknight meal. He brought his sweet pup as well which was a great treat for our young one.

Here's what we enjoyed this week!

One of our favorite take-out spots in town is Grecian Corner. It's a little hole in the wall American/Greek diner thats been open literally forever. It was in the film Mr. Destiny (1990) that was filmed around the area. They do your usual fare but they have damn good souvlaki and fries. I was inspired by my favorite menu item  to try these souvlaki skewers. I thought the flavor was really great but they may have been a little dry. They definitely needed the tzatziki for dipping. The lemon potatoes were however, flawless. Plus it was great cooking for 3!

Avocado Bacon Wraps (open faced)
What are tacos if not open faced wraps? It was substance over style for these awesome little "wraps". They had salad-like feel with the crunchy romaine and shredded cheese. But it all came together in a way that felt super classic. Absolutely my kind of easy dinner!

Minimal ingredient pasta always feels very authentically Italian. Apparently us Americans put way to many things in our pastas. I'm a fan of "stuff" so I tend to add all sorts of extras. This one I kept simple and it turned out great. 10 minutes, done.

Not the classic piccata that I was used to but I really enjoyed the flavor and texture.I mentioned last week that I love a gravy and this had plenty. Plus it was extra lemony. The addition of miso paste gave it a unique flavor and the brine from the capers made it just piccata enough to keep the name.  A winner for sure!

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts