From head to dough - Holiday edition 2021



For a self professed non-baker I have certainty mixed together my fair share of flour, sugar, eggs, and butter in the last two months. I only recently became brave enough to tackle desserts and believe me, there’s quite a learning curve and I’ll be kneading some more practice. All puns aside here is a holiday baking recap for your enjoyment! 

Nothing says Thanksgiving like pumpkin pie! I wasn't successful at making these cuties into pumpkin shapes as seen on Instagram, but I think they turned out great and they certainty didn't stick around very long.

One day it's here, the next day it's scone. This simple scone recipe is a MUST bake for anytime of the year. The only caveat is that I can only find cranberries in the grocery store around the holidays. If you, like me, had been burned by the dry, too crumbly, day old scones from your local coffee shop fear not! This recipe was pure scone perfection.

I made these twice. Need I say more? I could if you want because they were probably the best cookie I've ever had. Seriously.

Cranberry Apple Hand Pies
No recipe just playing in the kitchen. 

Cranberry Apple Cheesecake Tart
Again just a little fun off the cuff with ingredients sitting in the fridge. It may have suffered from the feared "soggy bottom" but otherwise tasted great!

Another gem of a discovery! The perfect mix between a brownie and a cookie. They taste as good as they look.

 And finally, a thoughtful gift for Christmas from my husband to showcase our indulgent treats. 

I hope you all had a wonderful holiday season.
Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts