The week that was May 30th, 2022

We did a memorial day cookout with some friends but true to form I didn't snap any pictures. But picture some loaded kebobs and sweet potato shoestring fries. All very tasty and well enjoyed by all. There's something about hosting that gets me very distracted. Maybe I'm having too much fun socializing!

So outside of our yummy kebobs, here's what we enjoyed for dinner this week! 

I love a gravy and this savory sweet chicken didn't skimp on the sauce. It was unassumingly decadent for a weeknight meal and looked awesome which is always a nice plus! Serving Dumplings rarely disappoints!

I know I mentioned before that I was ready to grill! I patiently waited for a day that wasn't 100 degrees or raining to jump on this super simple pork tenderloin. I have an affinity for anything citrus and this came out great with a great char and tender juicy center. It paired great with this corn salad that popped with fresh jalapeno. Fresh summer corn. Anytime, anywhere.
 

I've made these before, and I guarantee I’ll make them again. These black bean burgers avoid the dense, heavy, and gummy texture that is often the downfall of many meatless "burgers". These are creamy and just the right melt in your mouth texture. I paired these with (really another?) corn salad from How Sweet Eats. Perfect watermelon was left by our good friends who we cooked out with for Memorial day! Thanks guys!

Brussel Sprout, Corn, and Bacon Puff Pastry Pizza
Another week, another pizza. The never fail to please puff pastry pizza always comes in to save the day when you have miscellaneous ingredients to use in your fridge. Breakfast, lunch, dinner, or dessert!

Enjoy!


Comments

Popular Posts