The week that was December 27, 2021

Last week of 2021 and aren't we all just ready? I know collectively we are just doing the best we can to find happiness in our day to day and for me its been making delicious food that brings our family of two together, and occasionally good friends too! There's been a lot of good meals this year and I'm looking forward to the next 365.

Here's the rundown of the week!

Lahmajun, a traditional Armenian dish that is so easy to prepare and really packs in a lot of flavor. The first time I made Lahmajun I really had to trust the process because it looked so strange halfway through. This delightful recipe came from one of my favorite cookbooks Milk Street: Tuesday Nights

Lettuce celebrate the new year... with an excellent salad. Nobody likes a boring salad and this one certainty layers on the flavor. Warm bacon vinaigrette, pine nuts, and avocado. Yum!

*Insert obvious miso pun here* But yeah I was so excited about this recipe. Not only because I love the flavor of miso, but also because I bought a very large container and I equally enjoy using it up. This soup had such a great flavor and I loved the butter and garlic fried mushroom topping.

 
Another great Tuesday Nights recipe. I supplemented the skewers with turmeric rice and it was certainly colorful on the plate and in the mouth. Very good!

Often a variety of recipes will lead to a variety of leftover ingredients in the fridge. The perfect storm came together this week so I was able to make this salad with only needing to purchase some blueberries. Which will then in turn become blueberry muffins this weekend? This is hands down one of my favorite vinaigrette dressings and perfect easy weeknight rescue meal.

Chicken, bacon, and cheddar Dutch baby.
The first meal of 2022 with leftovers from 2021. And what a brunch! I doctored the Dutch baby recipe from Half Baked Harvest. And since we didn't have champagne on NYE I guess this will have to be our New Years toast!

Have a wonderful start to to the new year, keep cooking, and enjoy!

Comments

  1. Yum to all of those things. And definitely the blueberry muffins.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts