The week that was February 28th, 2022


I'm a little late to the game this week but I was busy enjoying the beautiful NC weather so the blog took a backseat. Its been quite the tease but things are blooming all over the place and it's nice to feel a little sun on my face while enjoying some of our local wineries and celebrating a good friend’s  birthday.

Here are the meals we enjoyed during my first week at my new job!

Whether it's a cold rainy weekend or a warm sunny weekend, brunch will always be a necessary and highly anticipated event in our home. This recipe popped up on my radar and it seemed easy enough to pull together. It was just as delightful as it looks! Plenty of everything bagel seasoning and a good amount of freshly shaved cheddar gave this fun breakfast a decadent vibe. Egg-cellent.

I could eat tacos every week. And considering you can't buy a "small" pack of tortillas (only a pack of small tortillas) we will be eating plenty of tacos in the coming weeks. This was a really nice recipe with just the right amount of chipotle heat. The addition of an avocado and cabbage slaw was a good twist on a pretty classic feeling dinner.

Can't go wrong with cashew chicken! I only wish that the breaded chicken had retained some of its light and crispy texture when it was added back to the sauce before serving. But the flavor was spot on and it made for some tasty leftovers!

This one I'll make again. So simple and easy (as pizza should be) but really had a lot of interesting layers of flavor. BIG dollops of riccotta and tart sweet balsamic with brussels just on the crispy side. Sign me up any day.

You really cant go wrong with a classic like this. Although the recipe said orzo, I wrote orzo on the shopping list, and still had no orzo, wild rice was a perfectly adequate substitute. Very lemony and just enough kale to consider it health food.

I'm not the worlds biggest sweet potato fan but this soup was everything. It was so savory and creamy! Goat cheese and bacon, and chives.... oh my!

I hope you were able to savor your weekend and are refreshed and ready to March into the next month!
Enjoy

Comments

Popular Posts