The week that was March 28th, 2022

 So long March! You came and went in a flash. I'm looking forward to the warmer weather (but not too warm) and getting to try my hand at gardening. I'm always looking for another fun project and being a homeowner, there is never a lack of to-do's. If I manage to grow anything I'll document it on the blog but don't hold your breath.

Here are the weeks tasty treats!

We were invited to a birthday party for a friend we hadn't seen in a long time so I decided to make something a little extra special. These scones were the perfect treat! Not overly sweet but rich and moist and just the right texture. You don't want something too crumbly when there are kids involved lol. These may have been the best scones I've ever made or eaten. They drove everyone nuts, macadamia nuts.

It looks like I've been on a real gnocchi kick. I discovered the art of cooking gnocchi in a pan, opposed to boiling in water, and it gives these little nuggets a great crispy texture on the outside and pillow soft inside. Plenty of vegetables and some warm burrata made a pretty plate and a tasty dinner.

Chorizo Seasoned Sweet Potato Shoestring Fries 
Would you look at these cute little fries?! Sweet potatoes aren't high on my favorite foods list but I eat them because they are fairly good for you. However I spiced these up a little with some chorizo seasoning and they were perfectly light and crispy and oh so adorable! The burger was great too, obviously my love of SDT's is unending. But the fries were the real showstopper!

We recently did a black bean tomato soup that was heavier on the tomato side. This went full black bean and the worry for me was that it would have the consistency of watery refried means. Luckily I was wrong and we really enjoyed this soup. It was almost like a chili that got hit with an immersion blender. Very rich and flavorful and benefited with some classic toppings.

I love Korean food. It leans heavily towards the tangy fermented side of flavors. Give me kimchee, fish sauce, some broth and veggies and I'll die happy. But I might be alone on that? I loved this dish, salty, tangy, saucy. The meatballs were juicy and there was broccoli to spare. But it might not be for everyone, the review from across the table did not warrant a repeat.

Enjoy!



Comments

Popular Posts