The week that was May 23, 2022

 Last week of May. So soon June? Another yummy week of dinners where I managed to surprise myself by conquering some new recipes. I don't repeat a lot of dinners. Honestly it's because I'm constantly finding new dishes while mindlessly scrolling through instagram. I've already been told I need to get tiktok but its just too overwhelming to think about another social media drain to circle. Also I spelled it tictoc before checking, so maybe it's just not for me.

Here's what this elder millennial enjoyed for dinner this week!

Gaby's recipes are always my go-to for warm weather meals and this shrimp skewer recipe got my creative juices flowing. I created a salad that followed one of my cardinal rules. No boring salads. 
The final product came together with prosciutto, red bell pepper, avocado, scallions, goat cheese and a lemon cilantro vinaigrette. A mouthful to say and to eat. 10's across the board!

There's few foods I don't like. Floppy fatty chicken skin being one of them. I like of course a battered and fried skin, because who doesn't? But for me texture is key. This chicken had a great flavor and there were some bits that really crisped up. They unfortunately were few and far between. The flavor here was spot on but once I had to remove the skin the overall effect was just meh.

Tis recipe had me at simple. Deep dish pizza is fairly daunting if you are making your dough from scratch. The patience it takes to let dough rise is not something that comes easily to me. I was able to use the pre-made bag of dough, not to be confused with the pre-rolled dough. A fair amount of squishing, plenty of veggies, and lots of cheese later and we were very much enjoying this simple deep dish pizza. Traditional? maybe not. But enjoyable? very!

Back to the classics with this chicken and rice soup. This particular recipe called for chicken thighs which I think adds a good amount of flavor. Other than that it didn't stray much from a classic chicken and rice soup. No complaints here.

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts