The week that was May 2nd, 2022

Another week with sweets up front! Must be all the seasonal fresh fruits I've been craving. I do have a few strawberry plants growing berries as we speak but the birds always get to them first. I don't mind as long as someones enjoying the 'fruits' of my labor. 

Classic Cinnamon French Toast 
Extra cinnamon, check. Powdered sugar, check. Food coma at 11:30am, check. No recipe so you'll have to use your imagination with a little dash of ground ginger..

This weeknight dish was a little more complicated on the preparation side, but really packed in the flavor! I lightly roasted the chipotle honey salmon so it came out flakey but not overly dry. The avocado salad was the perfect pair to this meal. I'd highly recommend trying this one out!

Nothing wrong with this classic pairing. Very lightly dressed pasta complimented the hot weather we've been having and was very springtime appropriate. Just a squeeze of lemon to keep away the scurvy. Also, this came together in 10 minutes so an additional pro there.

Just the right amount of crunch! This breaded whitefish Milanese was right up my alley. I am a big, huge, fan of capers. Adding some bright fresh citrus and some creamy avocado was a great balance! This was another NYT recipe so if you don't have a subscription beware!

This crockpot recipe had everything I was looking for recently. A new twist on tacos, a reason to buy a whole pineapple, and a use for the seemingly 10 pounds of radishes you're required to buy at the grocery store. I really liked this rendition of Hawaiian tacos but it felt a little lacking on spice. I'm used to a chipotle kick so overall was a little underwhelmed. If mild tacos are your thing then this is aces!

Enjoy!

Comments

Popular Posts