The week that was June 6th, 2022

Your girl was popular this week, very social and in demand. As fun as it was to eat one of the best meals ever, I did miss my regular cooking! We managed to squeeze in a few real gems this week however so here is what we enjoyed this week.

Side note, I went out to Roosters (formerly Nobles Grill) here in Winston-Salem and ate my heart out! One of the nest meals I've had in YEARS. I have managed to befriend a fellow foodie and am looking forward to a tour de Winston. 10/10 would recommend Roosters for a nice night out!

This one had me puzzled. I wasn't sure about the combination. Separately the boxes were all checked but I was unsure. I was blown away! The smoky chickpeas and light creamy caesar dressing really just blended together with the sweet blueberries. Try it! I bet you'll love it!

Sweet and Smoky Ribs and Oven Baked Fries
I'm not tagging this recipe because A. It turned out pretty bad and B. It was spontaneous and I didn't write it down. Pictures can be deceiving and it looked really great on the plate and I posted it because it was our anniversary meal. But these were dry and tough (almost) inedible. We had plenty leftover that unfortunately went into the garbage. Did I mention this was our 10 year anniversary meal? What a BUST!

These little gems were absolutely not a bust! I love chicken wings so I was excited to use wing sauce in a new way. For the record I'm a Frank's wing sauce person. I altered the slaw slightly to avoid the gagging and dramatics from the other half of the table. Theres not a long list of big no-no foods anymore but blue cheese is top of the short list. I made a "ranch" slaw and I don't think the meal suffered. Really really good, juicy, spicy, savory burgers.

The name of the site, Budget Bytes, didn't exactly inspire. However *inflation* and a love of all things tacos had me curious enough to give it a go. We do eat a lot of tacos so they were already up for some stiff competition. I LOVED these! I thought that the broccoli slaw and chipotle cream were the perfect toppings for the smoky spicy shrimp. As much as I loved eating these tacos I found myself also eating crow, apologies to Budget Bytes.

Enjoy!





Comments

Popular Posts