The week that was January 31, 2022

And suddenly it was February. This year is already a whirlwind of events so it's been really nice to come together in the evening to enjoy a great meal, conversation, and a little wind (wine) down.
This week there was a nice mix of old and new recipes, fun ingredients, and they were all winners!

Here are the meals we enjoyed.
 
  
  
Chick-please! I was so excited to try this recipe not just because it looked yummy but it was a creation by one of my favorite Great British Bake-Off  contestants Chetna Makan. She's a contributor on Food52 and has since released a few excellent cookbooks. Leeks aren't an ingredient I'd used before so I was eager to try it out. The soup would have been great as a stand alone but the addition of the crispy spiced chickpeas was a showstopper!
 
 
  
What a looker. I like a meal that looks as good as it tastes. I worked in restaurants for a decade and I learned the importance of presentation. This recipe was one of those really nice ones that looks complicated but it came together easily and quickly. The optional garlic tahini was in my opinion, not optional and so good!

  
Pesto Broccoli & Tortellini Soup
This was going to be pasta when it was added to the weekly grocery list, but when the time came I was really craving soup. I ended up making a lemony pesto broth base and loaded up with lots of broccoli. I topped this yummy bowl of goodness with some toasted pine nuts and crispy prosciutto. Soup-er Duper!

 
Asparagus, Mushroom, Bacon, & Goat Cheese Pizza
 Pizza Pun? Too cheesy.
I will never not love these little puff pastry delights. This weeks rendition was loaded with asparagus, bacon, and buttery mushrooms. No complaints! If you haven't ready my ode to puff pastry pizza check it out! This is a super versatile recipe that is so customizable!

Strawberry Lemon Muffins
I know I just made these muffins but I needed an easy Saturday morning and this Smitten Kitchen blueberry muffin recipe is "ingredients to oven" in 10 minutes. I try to keep some Trader Joes freeze dried fruit on hand and had a couple bags of strawberries stashed away. They pack a lot of flavor and you can overload your bake with fruit without adding extra moisture. These were great, not overly sweet, and had a great crunchy muffin top with the turbino sugar. 

Have a great week!
Enjoy



 

Comments

Popular Posts